Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chez George

It's 3am Christmas eve and I just arrived home from another surprising night at Chez George - a top notch, quintessentially French wine bar in the 6th arrondissement with a crowd mixture (tonight) of Australians, Americans and of course French. Suddenly this week I discovered that my good friends from the States who I met in Greece over the summer, just arrived in Paris along with my grade 9/10 drama teacher and daughter and as planned, my uncle, cousin and friend are all here for Christmas and a holiday. We all gathered tonight at Chez George along with some friends and locals and by 11pm the underground level was packed full and extremely jolly. The crowd danced on bench-tops holding their glasses of wine and moving to old, originals and French classics such as Eidith Piaf to Little Richard. A great night to share a bottle of their top house red with friends and release some of the lead up pre-Christmas preparation stress.

No pictures to attach except a YouTube link of the beautiful Edith Piaf singing 'Non, je ne regrette rien'. Try best to imagine an underground cave, crowded with people and chanting the lyrics with such dignity and joy one day before Christmas. www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRuLFR91e4
Not only did I manage to extend my friendship list tonight but I experienced a very enjoyable night before Christmas that I will remember when I'm old and wrinkly, I'm sure.
French table tops, friends - new and old, wine - red and white, Dec 23rd - Paris 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Tsk tsk....methinks someone is living La Dolce Vita in Paris...wish I could be there ;). Joyeux noël in any case!

    Dimitris

    ReplyDelete