Monday, December 7, 2009

Hello Dublin



Elly and I hung out in the bathroom on the ferry ride from Holyhead over to Dublin. Dublin was a scream! The first Irish man we met was walking past us as we were attempting to reverse park into an awkward spot and offered to park it for us! Of course we said yes - it seemed almost impossible to refuse - his honesty and smile won us over. Naive travellers maybe, but he was a pure reflection of what the Irish are like in character. I was sure I had no family in Ireland but it almost felt like I did. Our local butcher gave us a free bottle of balsamic vinegar (which was a display product only) to marinate our chicken breast that we had bought from him on special! It was just story after story in Dublin.

The musicians in the group above were busking through Grafton Street (main shopping strip). We managed to understand where they were playing the next night and so on day two we went to this fantastic pub where 'Mutefish' were playing. They were amazing - everything I imagined to hear and see in Ireland. I danced as Irish as I could and drank Guinness until the morning. I woke up thinking I might pick up the flute. What fun we had in Dublin.

www.myspace.com/nonstopmutefishdance

No comments:

Post a Comment